What it is about:-
This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to lead a professional penetration test using a mix of practical technical techniques and management skills.
The course has been designed by Industry experts with in-depth experience in the Penetration Testing fields. Unlike other certifications, this course focuses specifically on the knowledge and skills needed by a professional looking to lead or take part in a penetration test. We drill down into the latest technical knowledge, tools and techniques in key areas including Infrastructure, Web Application and Mobile security as well as Social Engineering. In addition, the course focuses on how to practically apply what has been learned on current day-to-day penetration testing and does not expand on unrelated, dated or unnecessary theoretical concepts.
Along with the in-depth technical hands on skills we teach our participants the management skills they need to lead a penetration test taking into account business risk and key business issues, allowing individuals who complete the course to have the right blend of the real business and technical competencies needed to be a respected, understood and professional penetration tester.
On day four of the course delegates get to use the skills learned in a comprehensive capture the flag penetration testing exercise.
- To be able to interpret and illustrate the main Penetration Testing Concepts and Principles
- To understand the core technical knowledge needed to organize and carry out an effective set of tests
- To learn how to effectively plan a penetration test and identify a scope which is suitable and appropriate based on risk
- To learn the practical hands on skills and relevant tools and techniques to conduct a penetration testing effectively
- To effectively manage the time and resources needed to scale a specific Penetration Test
Who should attend:-
- Security professionals wanting to gain formal penetration testing skills
- IT staff looking to enhance their technical skills and knowledge
- Auditors looking to understand the penetration testing processes
- IT and Risk Managers seeking a more detailed understanding of the appropriate and beneficial use of penetration tests
- Incident handlers and Business Continuity professionals looking to use testing as part of their testing regimes.